Mini-review of the week June 2, 2008Posted by winden in in real life.
So, having already been for 1 week at Silicon Valley… how is this place?
- weather: Nice, sunny, malaga-like “fresquito” but not “joder que frio copón!”
- food, part 1: enjoy the overwhelming amount of asian restaurants
- food, part 2: chinese restaurants have the infamous fortune cookies with random messages inside
- places, part 0: Typical highschool-teen-film-like neighbourhoods: wide streets, trees, houses with lawns and garages
- places, part 1: Enjoy the beer garden at zeitgeist on valencia street
- places, part 2: Marvel at the computer history museum, full of classic toys to marvel at!
- places, part 3: Free wifi while waiting for the bus shuttles at the Mountain View caltrain station
- people, part 1: Some random names encountered so far: Alicia, Vijay, Crystal, Fernando, Molly, Owen or Erika
- people, part 2: At some parts of the place, you are going to find a quite high density of not-so-random Dubliners
- people, part 3: Amongst the biggest differences to Europe, here you can and will find girls driving taxis
- drink, part 1: All bars will ask you for some age identification to check for 21+ age
- drink, part 2: there is no guiness here :( …
- drink, part 3: … but there are bars with sangria! :)
BTW, don’t forget take advantage of your +16 spanish ability:
- spanish tip 1: you can buy “picos” at the big supermarkets, just smile and ask any spanish-speaking 50s-looking mama
- spanish tip 2: many cooks here are from spanish-speaking families, take advantage and ask for treats